HORTICULTURE AND PLANTATION CROPS
Dharmapuri district is one of the potential district for cultivation of horticultural crops. Total area under cultivation is 195740 ha. In that, Horticultural crops have been cultivated in about 80000 ha and the prominent crops under cultivation are Mango, Banana, Tomato, Bhendi, Brinjal, Radish, Gourds, Tapioca,Turmeric, Rose, Jasmine, Tuberose and Chrysanthemum. Mango is the major crop grown in this district. The average annual rainfall for the district is 853.1mm per annum.
To increase the production, productivity and income of farmers, various schemes are being implemented through Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops. Hi-tech production techniques among farmers are being introduced by various schemes like polygreen house construction, shade net house, mulching, distribution of Vegetable portray seedlings of high yielding varieties and Grafted / Seedlings of fruit crops of high yielding varieties are being implemented.
|S.No||Office/Section/Unit Name||Public Information Officer||Appellate Authority|
|1||Office of the Deputy Director of Horticulture||Assistant Director of Horticulture (PM)||Deputy Director of Horticulture|
Details about the schemes and activities :
1. MISSION FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF HORTICULTURE- NATIONAL HORTICULTURE MISSION (MIDH-NHM)
New Area Expansion Programme
- Cultivation of Hybrid vegetables (Tomato & Brinjal)- Protray seedlings is being produced at State Horticulture Farms and distributed to farmers subsidy of Rs. 20,000/- ha.
- Mango cultivation under High Density Planting- Rs. 9840 per hectare
- Flower crops cultivation: For Marigold Rs. 16000 per hectare and for Tuberose Rs. 60000 per hectare as inputs for cultivation.
- Crop incentive for off season vegetable crop cultivation subsidy of Rs. 2,500/- per Ha.
- Construction of Poly house: 50% subsidy has been provided for constructing Poly houses at the rate of Rs. 467.50 per square meter allowing maximum 4000 sqm per beneficiary.
- Shadenet house: 50% assistance has been given to the maximum of 4000 sqm per beneficiary at rate of Rs. 355 per square meter
- Mulching: 50% assistance @ Rs. 16000/Ha as back ended subsidy
- Creation of water resources: To encourage water harvesting system for individuals, to create farm ponds, an assistance of Rs. 75000/- has been provided. (Prorata) @ Rs. 125/-sqm. pond size 20mx20mx3m size.
Pollination Support Through Bee-Keeping
- In order to maximize production, honey-bee boxes with colonies have been given to farmers at 40% subsidy at the rate of Rs. 1600 per No and for honey extractor Rs. 8000/ per no is given.
- For purchase of 20HP mini tractor Rs. 75000 and for 8HP power tiller Rs. 60000 has been given as subsidy at 25 % and 40% subsidy respectively.
Integrated post harvest Management
- To construct pack houses for the purpose of grading, cleaning and packing of Horticultural produces at the rate of 50% subsidy Rs. 2.00 lakh has been provided.
- To construct of Low cost Onion storage structure for the purpose of storage capacity of 25 MT. Onion produce at the rate of 50% subsidy Rs. 0.875 lakh has been provided.
2. PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY)
Under this scheme, to emphasis efficient use of irrigation water, farmers are being encouraged to set up micro irrigation facility through financial assistance of 100 % subsidy to small and marginal farmers can get financial assistance up to 2 ha. and 75% subsidy to big farmers can get financial assistance up to 5 ha. Farmers who are all already benefited can also get subsidy for renew the laterals after seven years.
SUPPLIMENTARY WATER MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES – (SWMA)
SUBSIDY DETAILS AS BELOW :-
- Sinking of shallow tube wells / Bore wells @ Rs. 25,000/- (Only for safe Firka – Eriyur & Theerthamalai)
- Installation of Diesel pumpsets / Electric motor @ Rs. 15,000/No.
- Laying of conveyance pipes @ Rs. 10,000/No.
- Constructions of ground level storage structure @ Rs.40,000/No.
3. COLLECTIVE FARMING:
The concept of Collective farming is to identify small and marginal farmers in a contiguous area and group them as Farmer’s Interest Groups (FIG) with 20 farmers. 5 FIG’s would be integrated into Farmer Producer Group (FPG) with 100 farmers. FIG and FPG are to be encouraged to adopt collective cultivation, collective purchasing of inputs to access credit facilities and market linkages. In Dharmapuri District 180 FIG’s and 37 FPG’s were formed for the promotion of Collective farming. Corpus fund of Rs 5 lakhs were provided to each FPG after approval of Project Implementation Plan of FPG by the District Collector.
4. REVAMPED PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BHIMA YOJANA (RPMFBY)
In Dharmapuri district, Tapioca, Banana, Brinjal, Turmaric, Cabbage, Tomato, Mango, Chillies are notified for crop insurance scheme RPMFBY Dharmapuri District. Farmers insured the crops in notified villages could get insurance amount for crop damages due to natural calamities.
5. NATIONAL MISSSION SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE – RAINFED AREA DEVELOPMENT(NMSA-RAD)
Integrated Farming System: For an area of 1 hectare, 50% subsidy up to Rs. 60000/- has been given for, Apiary Units, Permanent Vermicompost unit, Desi Poultrybirds, Goat/Sheep, Milch Cows/ Buffalo, planting material for Horticulture Based Farming System and other inputs.
6. NATIONAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NADP)
- Under Onion Development Scheme, Rs. 20000 per hectare given as subsidy.
- Pandal : To set up permanent Pandal structure, Rs. 200000 per hectare given as subsidy.
- Promotion of Organic farming: Incentive for Organic Cultivation (Greens) Rs. 2500 per hectare, Organic Cultivation (Bhendi/Brinjal/ Tomato) Rs. 3750 per hectare, Organic Cultivation (Cabbage/Cauliflower) Rs. 5000 per hectare given as subsidy.
7. INTEGRATED HORTICULTURE DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (IHDS)
- Minor fruit crops :(Rambutan, Litchi, Persimmon, Avacado, Kiwi, passion fruit, etc) Rs. 30000 per hectare given as subsidy.
- Traditional fruit & Vegetable cultivars Scheme, Rs. 15000 per hectare given as subsidy.
- Dry land crops (Jamun, Amla, tamarind, etc.,) Scheme, Rs. 20000 per hectare given as subsidy.
- Vegetable seed kit distribution (Brinjal, Bhendi, Moringa, Snake Gourd, Bitter Gourd, Tomato, Cluster Bean), Rs 10 per kit given as subsidy. Per Family Eligible for benefit 6 Kits.
Eligibility Condition (who can avail the benefit/ Service):
- All the farmers who have own agriculture lands are eligible. If on lease, the registered lease period should be a minimum of 10 years for project based components.
- Assured irrigation facilities are necessary where water usage is mandatory for the components like protected cultivation, area expansion etc.
- The beneficiary farmers should enclose all mandatory documents along with the application.
- The documents should be valid for the current period.
Procedure to obtain the benefit / Services :
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL SUBSIDY FOR VARIOUS COMPONENTS UNDER MIDH
- Application Form
- Beneficiary must be registered in TNHORTINET
- Beneficiary must be registered in Uzhavan app and HORTNET Registration
- Chitta and adangal (original)
- FMB sketch
- Aadhaar Card
- In case of Leasee farmers, registered lease agreement should be furnished for 10 years.
- Soil and water test reports for cultivation related components
- Passport size photos (3 Nos.)
- Ration card (Photo copy)
- Bank passbook (1st page Photo copy) for verifying the Account Number
- Affidavit for components wherein the assistance is above Rs.50,000/-
- Field photos during various stages of implementation with beneficiary (for Area expansion and project based activities)
- Field Board with NHM logo after completion (for project based)
|Designation||Contact Number||E-mail Id||Address|
|Deputy Director of Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Deputy Director of Horticulture, Dharmapuri|
|Assistant Director of Horticulture (PM)||email@example.com||Office of the Deputy Director of Horticulture, Dharmapuri|
|Horticultural Officer (Tech)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Deputy Director of Horticulture, Dharmapuri|
|Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||email@example.com||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Agriculture Extension centre, Dharmapuri|
|Assistant Director of Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Taluk Office compound, Nallampalli|
|Assistant Director of Horticultureemail@example.com||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Near BDO office Pennagaram|
|Assistant Director of Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, BDO office Complex Palacode|
|Assistant Director of Horticultureemail@example.com||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Agriculture Extension centre, Karimangalam|
|Assistant Director of Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Agriculture Extension centre, Morappur|
|Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||email@example.com||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, BDO office, Campus Harur|
|Assistant Director of Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||Office of the Assistant Director of Horticulture, Agriculture Extension centre, Pappireddipatty|