Various Welfare Schemes for the BC,MBC, Denotified Communities and Minorities
BCs, MBCs & Minorities Welfare
The Secretary to Government is heading the Department of Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare at the Government level. At the State level, the Director of Backward Classes is implementing various welfare schemes for Backward Classes, the Director of Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities is implementing various welfare schemes for Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities and Director of Minorities is implementing various welfare schemes for Minorities.
At the District level, under the direct control of the District Collector, the District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer are implementing various welfare schemes for the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, Denotified Communities and Minorities as follows.
- Rural Girls Incentive for MBCs & DNCs
- Supply of Free Bi-cycles
- Supply of Free Iron Boxes
- Supply of Free Sewing machines
- House site patta to BCs, MBCs & DNCs
- Narikuravar welfare & Ulama welfare board
- District Muslim Women aid society
- District Christian Women aid society
- Renovation of Churches
- Tamiladu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation(TABCEDCO)
- Tamiladu Minorities Economic Development Corporation(TAMCO)
Post-matric scholarship scheme
- Post matric Scholarship are sanctioned Postgraduate, Diploma, Professional and Research Courses in Govt./Govt. aided Colleges including second shift / Evening classes and Professional Courses in Self Financing Professional Colleges under Government quota for BCs, MBCs DNCs students
Annual income of the parents should not exceed Rs.2,00,000/-
Free Education scholarship for three year U.G.Degree Courses(B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com)
- BCs, MBCs/DNCs students studying in 3 year degree courses in Government and Government Aided Arts and Science
- No conditions
Free education scholarship for three year Diploma (Polytechnic Courses)
- BCs, MBCs/DNCs students studying in 3 year Diploma courses in Government and
Government Aided Polytechnics.
- Conditions for BCs, MBCs/DNCs
- Annual income of the parents should not exceed 2,00,000/-
- There should not be any Diploma / graduate in the family
Free education scholarship for Professional Courses –
(Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary and Law)
- BCs, MBCs/DNCs and Government Aided Professional Colleges and in Self Financing Professional Colleges under Government
- Conditions for BCs, MBCs/DNCs
- Annual income of the parents should not exceed 2,00,000/-
Scholarships to students studying in listed Central Institution like IIT, IIM, IIIT, NIT, Central Universities etc.,
- The Government of Tamil Nadu have issued orders for granting scholarship to 100 students belonging to BC/MBC/DNC Communities who are pursuing UG / PG Courses in Govt. of India institutions like IIT, IIM, IIIT, NIT and Central Government
- The annual family income should not exceed 2.00 Lakh.
- The scholarship amount will be reimbursed to the student every year for the entire duration of their UG/PG Courses.
- The reimbursement will cover Tuition Fee, Special Fee, Exam Fee and other compulsory fees as prescribed by the Institution or 2.00 lakhs per year whichever is lesser.
- If more number of applications are received, eligible students will be shortlisted as per the marks secured by them in plus two public exams / U.G
- B) MINORITIES SCHOLARSHIP
The details of Scholarship schemes implemented to the Minority students belonging to Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain Communities studying in Government / Government Aided and in all Recognized Institutions with the 100% financial assistance from Central Government are as follows:-
- Scholarship amount is credited to the students’ bank account directly by the Government of India.
- Pre-matric Scholarship – I to X Std. – Annual Income of not exceeding Rs. 1.00 Lakh
- Post-matric Scholarship – XI Std to Ph.D level (ITI/ITC, NCVT, Polytechnic, Diploma in Nursing, Teacher Training, UG/PG/M.phil, Ph.d Courses)
- Annual Income not exceeding Rs. 2.00 Lakh
- Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship – Professional Courses / Technical ( BE,B.Tech,MBBS)
- Annual Income of should not exceed Rs. 2.50 Lakh
General criteria for availing Scholarship
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Tamilnadu or any other State in India but should be a native of Tamil
- Students should have secured not less than 50% of marks in the previous year final examination for submission of application under the respective scholarship
- Out of the total target, 30% of scholarship will be earmarked to the girl students under each
- Two children will only be awarded for scholarship in a
- No Scholarship is awarded to the student who is pursuing studies through correspondence course.
- Students getting Scholarship under the scheme of Government of India and have also even applied for scholarship in Backward Classes, Adi Dravidar Welfare, any other Department or Welfare Boards, they are entitled for scholarship only under any one of the schemes in any one of the Department/Boards
- No student is eligible for Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship if they have availed First Graduation Concession (Exempted for Tuition fee) in Professional / Technical
2.RURAL GIRLS INCENTIVE SCHEME (MBC Girls Only)
- In order to reduce dropouts among the girl children in rural areas and to encourage them to continue their studies an incentive of Rs.500 per year is given to rural girl students of Most Backward classes and Denotified communities, studying in III to V standard and Rs.1,000 per year is given to girl students studying in VI Standard.
- 500/- per annum for the girl students of Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities and studying in 3rd Std to 5th std. Rs.1000/- per annum for 6th Std.
- Parental income is 72,000/ per annum.
- Students studying in Government / Government Aided schools in Rural
- For those belonging to MBC/DNC only .Preference will be given to Girl Children of Widows /
Hostels are run by this department in and around the places where Schools and Colleges are located. Free Boarding and Lodging are provided to the students staying in these hostels.
- Students should be studying in classes from 4th Std to Up to. Diploma, U.G/ P.G.
- Annual Parental income should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/-.
- The student should be residing at a distance of more than 8 KM from the educational institutions. This condition is not applicable to Girl Students.
|1.||School Boys Hostel||9||18||27|
|2.||School Girls Hostel||10||13||23|
|3.||College Boys Hostel||0||6||6|
|4.||College Girls Hostel||1||4||5|
Facilities available for hostel students
- Career guidance programme are conducted to create awareness among the 10thstd, 12thstd and College hostel students about various job opportunities The programme is implemented through the Employment and Training Department.
- One English and two Tamil daily newspapers are provided for each
- The boarders of hostels studying upto XII standard are supplied with all text books free of cost by the Department of School Education.
- Special guides are provided free of cost to the boarders studying in 10th and 12th standard to improve their performance in public
- Four sets of uniforms are given to the hostel boarders studying from IV to X standard, as per the colour and pattern adopted under Nutritious meal scheme from the year 2013-14.
- Colour television, play materials, water purifier, book shelves, wet grinder, steam based cooking boilers, mixer grinder, napkin incinerator, fire extinguishers, idly steamer, library books, inverter and electric insect destroyer are supplied to the hostels. In addition reference books are also supplied to the College
- Mats / Jamakkalam, bed sheets, stainless steel plates and tumblers are provided to all hostel boarders.
- Three medical checkup camps are conducted for all hostel boarders every year.
4.SUPPLY OF FREE BI-CYCLES
- Bicycles are supplied free of cost to the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes,Denotified Communities and Minority students studying 11th standard in Government,Government aided and partly aided schools.
5. SUPPLY OF FREE IRON BOXES
- Iron Boxes are distributed free of cost to the economically poor of the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Community people for improving their livelihood. The Government have enhanced this income ceiling to Rs.72,000/- per annum for both rural and urban beneficiaries
6.SUPPLY OF SEWING MACHINES
- Sewing Machines are distributed free of cost to the economically poor of the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Community for improving their livelihood. The Government have enhanced this income ceiling toRs.72,000/- per annum for both rural and urban beneficiaries. Age limit From 20 to 45 years.
7.HOUSE SITE PATTAS TO BCs,MBCs & DNCs
- Landless poor Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities people are distributed free house sites. The Government have enhanced this income ceiling to Rs.72,000/- per annum for both rural and urban beneficiaries
8.NARI KURAVAR WELFARE BOARD & ULEMA WELFARE BOARD
- The registered members of Board are provided with various welfare assistances as provided to the members of the Welfare Boards for un-organized labours functioning under the administrative control of Labour and Employment Department.For getting the assistance, filled in applications should be submitted with relevant evidences to the District Backward Classes and Minority Welfare Officer.
|1.||Accident Relief Schemes||Narikuravar Welfare Board
|DNC Welfare Board (Rupees)||ULEMA Welfare Board (Rupees)|
|a) Assistance for accidental Death||1,00,000/-||1,00,000/-||1,00,000/-||–|
|b)Assistance for disability due to accidents (depending upon disability )||10,000/- to 1,00,000/-||10,000/- to 1,00,000/-||10,000/- to 1,00,000/-||–|
|2.||Natural death assistance||20,000/-||20,000/-||20,000/-||–|
|3.||Assistance for Funeral expenses||5,000/-||5,000/-||5,000/-|
|4.||Financial Assistance for Education|
|a) Students studying from 1st to 5th standard||500/-||–||–||–|
|b) Students studying in 6th to 9th standard||1000/-||–||–||–|
|c) Girls Studying in X STD||1,000/-||1,000/-||1,000/-||–|
|d) Students who passed X STD||1,000/-||1,000/-||1,000/-||–|
|e) Girls studying in XI STD||1,000/-||1,000/-||1,000/-||–|
|f) Girls studying in XII STD||1,500/-||1,500/-||1,500/-|
|g) Students who passed XII STD||1,500/-||1,500/-||1,500/-|
|h)For Regular Degree For Regular Degree with hostel facility||1,500/- 1,750/-||1,500/- 1,750/-||1,500/- 1,750/-||–|
|i) For Regular P.G DegreeFor Regular P.G Degree with hostel facility||4,000/- 5,000/-||4,000/-5,000/-||4,000/-5,000/-||–|
|j) Professional Degree Course Professional Degree Course with hostel facility||4,000/-6,000/-||4,000/-6,000/-||4,000/-6,000/-||–|
|k) Professional P.G Degree Professional P.G Degree with hostel facility||6,000/-8,000/-||6,000/-8,000/-||6,000/-8,000/-||–|
|l) ITI or Vocational Training ITI or Vocational Training with hostel facility||1,000/-1,200/-||1,000/-1,200/-||1,000/-1,200/-||–|
|6.||Financial Assistance to pregnant Women|
|a.Maternity Assistance of Rs.1,000/- per month for six months.
|7.||Reimbursement of Spectacle expenses||500/-||upto Rs. 500/-||upto Rs. 500/-|
|8.||Old age pension ( O.A.P ) per month||1000/-||1000/-||1000/-|
|9.||Subsidy for self employment
a) individual subsidy
b) For Starting business as a group
10,000/- (individual) or 1,25,000/- for group
9.DISTRICT MUSLIM WOMEN AID SOCIETY
- District Muslim Women Aid Society was formed in the Districts under the Chairmanship of District Collector for the welfare of Destitute-widow, Abandoned and Old Age Women belonging to Muslim religion in Tamil Nadu
- Matching Grant to a maximum of Rs.20 Lakh per year at the ratio of 1:2 Viz., Twice the amount of donation collected by the Muslim Women Aid Society to each society with effect from 04.2012 sanctioned by the Government.
10.DISTRICT CHRISTIAN WOMEN AID SOCIETY
- In order to provide assistance to the poor destitute and aged Christian Women, District Christian Woman Aid Society have been formed in the year 2018-19 headed by the District Collector as Ex-officio Chairman.The Government sanction matching grant twice the amount of donation collected by the society, at the ratio of 1:2 up to the maximum of Rs.20 lakh per annum to each society.
11. RENOVATION OF CHURCHES
- The Government have introduced a scheme of providing financial assistance for repairs and renovation of Churches in Tamil Nadu during the year 2016-17
- Church should be registered and functioning in own building with minimum period of 10 years.
- Financial assistance will be sanctioned considering the damages and ages of the The Government provides financial assistance to a maximum of Rs.3.00 lakh.
- No financial support is obtained from the Foreign Countries to this effect
- The damages will be assessed by the committee constituted by the District Collector and shall recommend to the HOD for seeking financial assistance after scrutinizing the Plan Estimates, Approved Plan and Age of the church building
- The funds will be released in two installment in the ratio of (75:25) to the bank account of the church on the basis of the recommendation of the District
12.TAMIL NADU BACKWARD CLASSES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
- The Tamil Nadu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation sanctions financial assistance at lower rates of interest to individuals, Groups belonging to Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities for establishing viable trade or business for their economic upliftment. Tamil Nadu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation is providing loan assistance under various loan schemes for the Socio – Economic Development of Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities.
General Term Loan, New Swarnima Scheme for Women, Micro Credit loan and New loan schemes.LOAN CUM SUBSIDY SCHEME FOR SMALL AND MARGINAL FARMERS FOR CREATING IRRIGATION FACILITY
- Loan cum subsidy scheme for the small and marginal farmers belonging to Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and De-notified Communities for the creation of irrigation facility by erecting a new bore-well is also implemented through this Corporation. The beneficiaries under this scheme are selected by the ‘District Committee’ constituted by the Government under the Chairmanship of the District Collector. Based on the recommendation of the District Committee, Co-operative Banks / Nationalized Banks disburse loan assistance upto a maximum of Rs.1,00,000/- with Government subsidy of 50% of the loan amount, subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000/-. The amount is released as back-ended subsidy, after asset creation.
13.TAMIL NADU MINORITIES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (TAMCO)
- The Tamil Nadu Minorities Economic Development Corporation was established with the objective of providing loan assistance at lower rate of interest to take up self employment activities by the economically backward religious minorities viz. Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, Sikhs, Parsis and Jains in Tamil Nadu. The Corporation has been acting as the State’s channelizing agency of the National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation and obtain loan from the latter upon guarantee given by the State Government for funding various loan schemes.
Individual Term Loan
Micro Financing through Self Help Groups
|Name/Designation||Contact Number||eMail ID||Address|
|District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer,Dharmapuri||04342-231861,231116||dbcwodpi[dot]tn[at]nic[dot]in||District Backward Classes andMinorities Welfare Office, Additionl Building, Collectorate,Dharmpuri- 636705|
who belongs to BC/MBC/DNC community can avail the benefits.
Various Welfare Schemes for the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, Denotified Communities and Minorities
How To Apply
To get the scholarship to the students – Contact the concern school HM/District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer, Dharmapuri